Jerky shooter

Joe Red

i don't have a machine. but, i did make jerkey for the first time this past week and i've already got another batch marinating and waiting to be done tonight. i did it in the oven and it was the best jerky i've ever tasted. couldn't have been easier. i cut up a few steaks and roast meat into thin strips- about 1/4 to 1/8" thick. i mixed up a marinade of soy sauce, a bit of liquid smoke, some onion powder, brown sugar, black pepper, and a dash of worcestershire sauce. let in marinade for a day or so in a ziplock bag in the fridge. then, spread the strips on a wire rack (i used a bakers cooling rack) and set the rack over a rimmed baking sheet. in the oven at 170 degrees for about seven hours. i'm sure you can use any marinade that you like. good luck. hope you're as happy with it as i was.

I do a lot of my venison into burger and the Jerky Shooter is the nuts for making Jerky I am too lazy to make marinade so I buy the packages of stuff that you add water , vinegar and oil to .

The best marinade mix I ever bought is Durkee's Peppercorn but I havn't been able to get that in a couple years . McCormick makes some Peppercorn / Garlic but it doesn't have the 'zing" that Durkee's has .

The Jerky made with the Shooter holds together very well and you wouldn't know it was made from burger .