Wildgame Innovations W6XDE

I picked one of these cams up on Black Friday in a kit with the rechargable battery pack and SD card. I have another one of the battery packs, which was already charged, so I put the charger on the new one as started to mess with the cam. Like every WGI cam Ive had or messed with, the setup is very simple, and took about 3 mins to get set. The only thing I dont like about the cam so far,is theres no easy way to put a lock on it. Ill be figuring out how to do that and how to put an adjustable strap on there because I hate the bungee cords. I am going to put it out today and start testing it. Results and modifications to follow....

• 3 months later...

I got one for Xmas and started setting it up today. I see what you mean about the bungee cords. Have you tried this cam yet? I was wondering how long the videos are if you choose the video option. I bought a 16 gb card today for 15 bucks at BJ's. I'll try it on video, see how long it records. Is there any way to tell whether you are using the battery backup or the 8 AA batteries inside the camera? Seems like a nice cam for the price, this is my first one so I have nothing to compare it to though.

Yeah I used it a bunch, its a good little cam for the money. I am going to figure out a way to attach it other than the bungees before I start using it more. Perhaps a Python lock will work better, just have to find one with a cable that will fir through the pathetically small holes on the camera. When I use the battery pack, I dont put the AA batteries in it at all.

The only time I put up a camera without a lock is when I can put it up at least 10' in the air . I did this on a friend's property and it was a pain to carry a ladder back in the woods but it was worth it . Private land and high in the air .

Yeah I used it a bunch, its a good little cam for the money. I am going to figure out a way to attach it other than the bungees before I start using it more. Perhaps a Python lock will work better, just have to find one with a cable that will fir through the pathetically small holes on the camera. When I use the battery pack, I dont put the AA batteries in it at all.

What about when you need to recharge the battery pack, do you put the AA's in then, or do you have a spare battery pack? I removed all the batteries and it did not lose my programming. Not sure but it must have some internal capacity for a short time so you don't lose your time and date, etc. which is nice.

• 6 months later...