PA Wild Boar hunts

WNYBuckHunter

Just an FYI to those of you thinking about doing a "Wild Boar" hunt in PA, I spoke to one of the ranches down there today and apparently, PA has banned Russian and other types of real wild boar. The only pigs they are legally allowed to do hunts for down there are basically farmer Joe's pigs that they let loose into the preserves. All of them have to be castrated, and in turn, none grow tusks or anything like that.

Just the info I was given.

I'll bet NYS isn't too far behind them in doing the same thing. In fact I read somewhere of a discussion here about that very change. I believe it was associated with a DEC comment of some sort. I think I would be in favor of it. These guys don't seem to be able to control their critters very well, and as far as I have heard, 100% of the hogs introduced into NYS came from local wild boar farms and hunting preserves. I am getting a bit tired of reading everyday of some kind of introduction of invasive species into the wild. And nobody is getting dinged for it. Time to take a hard-line approach.

That is weird went on the Tioga boar farm site and the show picture of Russian boar hunt pictures from Nov 2011.

http://www.tiogaboar...om/pictures.htm

Could be they are allowed to finish what they had when the laws changed, but no new ones. Im not sure, just passing on the info I was given from one of the ranches down there. If its incorrect info, by all means feel free to post proof that its wrong. I just havent had the time to do any research yet.