Trap anchors

rachunter

I bought the jig to make pogo anchors after watching a guy I follow on YouTube. I just tried one and could pull it out with a little force? I’m wondering how much pressure to put on them I’m 200lbs. a little larger then a yote or coon, but not sure I liked how easy it popped out of the ground. I tried in a few different areas this is dirt not sand or clay.

4e3a97af29a3719e14f8e0ea30f78217.jpg

5784dcf56a73fe1def4066573e0d7a04.jpg

6f35e409880941fdb22f36c030c48011.jpg

Is it normal to be able to pull the anchors out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, rachunter said:

Thanks i had no idea an animal couldn't pull up.I just tried again and leaned back on the cable felt the washer straighten out then lock in.

Straight up is how you remove them just make sure you drive them in pretty deep so they dont dig them up

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2020 at 5:14 PM, rachunter said:

I bought the jig to make pogo anchors after watching a guy I follow on YouTube. I just tried one and could pull it out with a little force? I’m wondering how much pressure to put on them I’m 200lbs. a little larger then a yote or coon, but not sure I liked how easy it popped out of the ground. I tried in a few different areas this is dirt not sand or clay.

4e3a97af29a3719e14f8e0ea30f78217.jpg

5784dcf56a73fe1def4066573e0d7a04.jpg

6f35e409880941fdb22f36c030c48011.jpg

Is it normal to be able to pull the anchors out?

I made that same bender you bought. Works great for bending parts for H stands too. 

What size washers are you using? I think they sell the "soft ground" as 2" and 18"-24" of cable. What is your soil like? sand?

2 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I made that same bender you bought. Works great for bending parts for H stands too. 

What size washers are you using? I think they sell the "soft ground" as 2" and 18"-24" of cable. What is your soil like? sand?

2" fender washers with 20 bright common nails. I redid the cables from 18" to 24" . I was testing theses here on long island which is sandy topsoil,But upstate where i'll be trapping is luma. I'm heading up the day after thanksgiving for a week of trapping and deer hunting to say i'm excited is an understatement.I'm targeting yotes but have a few dog proofs i'm going to try for coons.

I follow this guy on youtube

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rachunter said:

2" fender washers with 20 bright common nails. I redid the cables from 18" to 24" . I was testing theses here on long island which is sandy topsoil,But upstate where i'll be trapping is luma. I'm heading up the day after thanksgiving for a week of trapping and deer hunting to say i'm excited is an understatement.I'm targeting yotes but have a few dog proofs i'm going to try for coons.

I've watched all the Coon Creek trapping episodes. I think I am gonna make the skinning machine. 

Couple things. I'd make sure to squeeze the eye fully closed on the pogo. If you get in a bind and they aren't holding put in 2. like 45dgree angle down in opposite directions. 

I am not familiar with way "luma" soil is

50 minutes ago, rachunter said:

Damn dyslexia it’s loamy sandy,silt and clay it packs nice but can be a little loose when dug up.
If I know how to weld I’d do a lot of tweaking.

Drive the cable below the soil to anticipate the pull up, pull each anchor to set them. If it slips ad another at the angles and you'll be fine. 

• Thanks 1