This may be a stupid post but......

First-light

I prefer to take a doe that is either real old or real young. (1.5 or 6+) I like to keep the prime age does around as they seem to have the healthiest fawns. I've read research that shows that a doe fawn will hang with her mother for the first year and a half of life. Once bred, she will move her home range away from her mothers. That means she will likely be off my hunting property. Not sure if its the right way to do things, but that is how we've done it and its seemed to work well for us.

A dry doe is fair game at any age.

Did you shoot that at night?

Why is the bottom of the photo chopped off, is it because you have it sitting atop the bait pile?

Is that the new "trophy" doe pose?, I have seen that a few times on here now and its always you professional types.

Ok thats enough jokes for now, good job Dave6x6. :D

You know i woke my photographer up because it was midnight, told him to meet me in the woods at the corn feeder. Just past the salt licks and 200yrds north of the apple pile. If you get to the C'Mere Deer troth you went too far. And then he gets there and takes the picture with the bottom of the deer cut off... I'm gonna have to start interviewing new photographers for next yr.

Forgot to ad this point about does and fawns. Is it safe ti assume that a 1.5 year old doe will have just one fawn? The first time she is bred I always thought 1 fawn. Now if that's the case the does I see with two and sometimes three fawns are 2.5 and older?

The amount of fawns born can be related to population, habitat, amount of food source, stress etc. Mother Natures way of ensuring survival.

Let's just say it's pretty much a perfect habitat do you think the ratio in correct. 1.5 1 fawn 2.5 older 2 fawns?