Rochester Gun Show Jan 7-8

fasteddie

I broke down and went to the Gun Show this morning . In 2 1/2 hours I managed to spend less than $100 . The place was packed and parking was something else . The gun show was in the dome and the Flea market was in Minet Hall .

I should have worn my Hunting NY T-shirt . It was overly warm at the show .

Wish I would have known you were there. Culvercreek and I were there this morning as well. It was a zoo in there and the heat was oppressive. I just bought some cleaning supplies for myself, but bought my daughter her first gun. The ammo prices were nuts, and other than a couple of things I specifically know the price was down on, nothing was cheap. One of the kids guns I looked at was priced $40 above suggested retail, so I offered retail for it and the guy refused. I told him there was another one a couple aisles over for regular retail, and Id go buy that.

I never seem to buy too much at the shows, I just like going and hanging out and seeing all of the wierdos and cool stuff. They had some pretty crazy zombie targets lol.

I found a 20 ga Improved Cylinder choke with "internal threads" for $20 and paid $15 . Those chokes are pretty much non existant . Bought a polyester zip pullover , some bluing and a gun / shotgun scabbard that can be attached to an ATV or carried like a quiver . I think it will work well with the heavy barrel NEFs that I have . That way I can take the slings off of those guns . That's the 1st time I had seen the scabbards anywhere .

They had a guy with a pretty neat gun sling system where you have a nylon pouch attached to your belt and some semi flexible shooting sticks that attach to your barrel. The ways you could carry the gun were neat, and the built in sticks acted as an adjustable rest. I'll have to see if I can't find it online.

I also forgot to stop and get one on my way out, but they had a nice cross shoulder gun holster for $25 that would work great for my XD40. Hopefully it's there again at the next show.