Looking for coyotes in Dutchess? You may want to consider Lafayetteville MUA.

Guys, if you want a spot to hunt coyotes, you may seriously want to consider Lafayetteville MUA. I went over there today for small game, and the coyote, and fox tracks were ridiculous, to say the least-the coyotes being the most prevalent. It was the damnedest thing I'd ever seen. We all know how deer have "runs". Well, there were coyote "runs". I've never seen so many tracks in my life! It is something that avid 'yote hunters may want to consider.

Been there, done that, 13BVET, this is night time only area, you will see squat during the day, nice property just way over-stressed....I like this area and Stissing but only when the lights are out... the day time is a nightmare in my opinion.... if you want to team up, I'm game bro... :-) Just let me know...

I figure, since we had snow during the night before, these tracks were definitely early morning. They weren't deformed at all. I'll be more than happy to kill some coyotes. We'll have to come up with a plan on that. I figure if we can get there fairly early, we should be able to call some in.

Now we talking...:-) I'm thinking early 4 AM trip, get in, settle in, and STFU till 6 AM or so..then play mojo and some FX3 sounds and hope for the best. There are few north enters points I always wanted to try,south side is all where the traffic is.... what do you guys think? Who's in?

Come on up Steve, there is always room for one more...:-)

Sounds good. I cant do anything till next weekend tho, truck is in the shop. Hit some ice and slid into a gurd rail last weekend in Sullivan county...

Also, I drove an hour away to hunt coyote on a new property, get skunked, then when I get back to my place, the neighbor tells me there were 2 coyotes in the back yard all morning... lmao

I have .22, .223. .30-06, .45LC, .50 ML and a shotgun, plus the hand guns....take your pick 13BVET :-)

The .22 would definitely be good enough for me. We'll set up something for this hunt. Steve says he can't do it till next weekend-that's good for me. How's it look on your schedule?

I'll tell you where I think would be a good spot to set up over there-right on that small hill on the left side of the field. You can literally see across the fields, and into the valley from there. You'd nail them before they even got there.

I'll tell you where I think would be a good spot to set up over there-right on that small hill on the left side of the field. You can literally see across the fields, and into the valley from there. You'd nail them before they even got there.

=) sounds good

I'm itching to go tomorrow night since the snow fall will be over and hopefully the critters will come out.....I'm game every weekend regardless so just let me know... I still think I will go out tomorrow night, either CT or NY...

That area is tricky 13BVET, I have been there for the last 2 years, yotes are there for sure, just get them in the open is the trick....my experience is get them at the night time, at least I could see them there at night, getting a shot opportunity is another story...lol

I'm itching to go tomorrow night since the snow fall will be over and hopefully the critters will come out.....I'm game every weekend regardless so just let me know... I still think I will go out tomorrow night, either CT or NY...

If you have a DEP permit, you should try the old camp property on 52. I've definitely seen them in there. Big Buck MUA, may also be a good bet, as I've seen them in there also.

That area is tricky 13BVET, I have been there for the last 2 years, yotes are there for sure, just get them in the open is the trick....my experience is get them at the night time, at least I could see them there at night, getting a shot opportunity is another story...lol

Unfortunately, the shot is always the hard part. The shotgun can certainly have it's advantages when it comes to the running shots. Of course, distracting them is the main thing. You said you have mojo's?