One lucky Yote.

Well it happens( Me missing) and I'm glad I had it on video, as I knew I was on it and was pissed when I saw it run away.

This Yote was about 500 yards away when it started calling.

I immediately engaged it with challenge calls and it started my way.

I really only had a small safety window to shoot in, as dwellings were located safely away to my left and right, but it came right into that area.

Deer were all over the place and they alerted me to it's presence.

The doe is about 150 yards away on a tree line and I took the shot at 60 yards.

Normally that's a one and done, but this dog ran away and I'll tell you why.

On the way to this set, I was going through a hay field on my off road electric stealth scooter, when I hit a bump and the seat post collapsed.

It's rated for 300 pounds, but I'm 220, my gear is 45 lbs and the bump was the tipping point.

I landed ok, but when I took my pack off to access the damage, My rifle slid out of it's scabbard and landed on the scooter.

My trigger stick was pretty beat up and it ended up falling apart the next day.

So I took a deep breath, collected myself, straightened out the seat post and went to this set.

Upon getting my gear set up, I noticed the scopes front Obj flip cover was off and luckily it was contained in the scope slicker cover I use.

That cover isn't east to separate from the scope, so the scope took a good whack.

I should've called it a night at that point, but....

The next day I set up a thermal target and it ended up that it was off 3" left and 1" up, enough to miss.

The only way to find the weaknesses in your gear, is by using it.

After weeks of use, the seat post is the weak link on my stealth scooter.

I'm making a heavy duty seat post for it, as it's really saved me a lot of time getting to and from my hunting sets. 

Time to try and repair or buy another trigger stick, as it does double duty during deer season.

• Like 2