Like a good food plot, 1 acre spot , clover ?

You need a 2 or 3 gallon sprayer, and a broadcast hand spreader ( i prefer earthway little more expensive but last years)

I would not frost seed this year as you havent killed off weeds. You can but then your fighting weeds. With multiple specfic spray that gets expensive.

Simply spray with gly after green up in march or april weather dependant ( round up active ingredient) many non brand name available cheap. Wait 10 days spray again.  To kill any regrowth fron seeds.  Then broadcast your clover over it and roll if possible or do just before a rain..  sit back watch it grow , reseed bare spots and mow about 6 in high after flowers turn brown, this will reseed and keep it thick.  Mow about 3 or 4 weeks before bow season and maintain next spring by frost seeding where thin and mow high in. Late spring and fall to deter weeds. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, G-Man said:

You need a 2 or 3 gallon sprayer, and a broadcast hand spreader ( i prefer earthway little more expensive but last years)

I would not frost seed this year as you havent killed off weeds. You can but then your fighting weeds. With multiple specfic spray that gets expensive.

Simply spray with gly after green up in march or april weather dependant ( round up active ingredient) many non brand name available cheap. Wait 10 days spray again.  To kill any regrowth fron seeds.  Then broadcast your clover over it and roll if possible or do just before a rain..  sit back watch it grow , reseed bare spots and mow about 6 in high after flowers turn brown, this will reseed and keep it thick.  Mow about 3 or 4 weeks before bow season and maintain next spring by frost seeding where thin and mow high in. Late spring and fall to deter weeds. 

So could I till it instead of weed killer ?

15 minutes ago, G-Man said:

What is earth way ?

12 hours ago, luberhill said:

So could I till it instead of weed killer ?

You could till, wait till again wait till again keeping germinated weed seeds unstable and thus killing them but everytime you disturb the ground you bring more seeds to surface to germinate, its more labor intensive and it is how organic seed beds are created. 

• Like 1