Sept fishing

Robhuntandfish

Im considering taking a last of the season fishing day in late Sept.  I have a couple places in mind. Gotta discuss it with Corey.  One is the St. Lawrence for walleye and musky which i have some experience in and would know where to go and rigs etc.  But I am also thinking maybe for Lakers somewhere within a couple of hours. I think i would like to jig for them rather than troll.  Im eyeing Cayuga and possibly raquette lake.  And yes i know ontario is the #1 option but I am not comfortable with that big water and I want to be able to enjoy the day.  Any info on lakes for some Lake trout with a chance of one 10+ pounds?  Any recommendations on where to launch on Cayuga and start off for some jigging trout?  Anyone been on raquette - there are also brookies there but Cayuga sounds like a chance of more action.  Also would be good with a chance at some decent browns, bows .....Thoughts?   

Edited by Robhuntandfish

3 minutes ago, greensider said:

If you have never done it go to southbay lake champlain and fish top water for those huge gar it’s an awesome time 

913A9348-32EF-455C-9016-3687EEC83629.png

ive caught a few gar in Black river bay off Ontario. We used to go in the shallows and there would be hundreds of them.  Was considering goign there cause we have gotten some big walleye out of there.  But i am thinking late sept it will be a zoo as salmon season is starting.  I considered champlain as i have never been there but its too far for a day drive from my place.  

Nice fish! That had to be fun