April 1st Trout Opener-Going?

Lawdwaz

I be in the Naples area tomorrow, not sure if I'll drag some sacks but I could if I wanted!!

Hopefully I'll be doing some shooting with the rifles instead and doing some monkeying aroiund at my Uncle's cabin.......

Good luck to all that go!

I'll be fishing somewhere on the Cohocton River drainage.

I prefer fishing the unstocked tributaries. Much lighter fishing pressure and wild or holdover browns and the occasional brookie..

However, with the low/clear stream levels I might have to hit the main river instead.

I had a nice morning on the Cohocton tribs...

I saw a fisherman here and there along the roads , but only ran into ONE guy while I was actually on the stream.

The main river had LOTS of pressure, because they stocked it Thursday and Friday..

I landed 8 trout....One was about 10", another was about 12"... The others measured from 13" to 20 1/2 "...All either wild or holdover fish from waters that are not stocked.. Gorgeous brown trout...All fat and healthy fish...

It was a great opener....

I didn't wet the line. It was just tooooo nasty for me by the time I got into the area. I was in no rush and had to meet a guy in Avon, he had just bought a longbow off EBay and I offered up a mixed batch of "done up" cedar shafts and some other goodies to get him started. It was snowing a super wet sloppy mess by noon time and it continued through the day with a lovely fog up on the hill at my Uncle's place.

We had to pull the blower off his tractor and put the bucket on as the snow blowing season has passed. We even got the engines started on all the spring/summer/fall implements. Mowers, ATV's and roto tillers are ready to rock.........

Went to Atlanta, NY for chicken & dumplings at the Mountain View rest. Damn nice job they do.........!!

Went back to the cabin, slummed some Jim Beam Manhattans and smoked cigars. Last time I checked, Wegmans still sells fish........................!!

Went to the Redwood in Niples this morning for some breakfast then some serious LR shooting. Well, we didn't do much damage as the wind was humming pretty good but we had a good time anyway.

IMG_2205.jpg

IMG_2204.jpg

IMG_2206.jpg

IMG_2202.jpg