Hunting Lease - Rensselaer County

Hi Everybody,

This is a property which has been leased from 2018 to the present.  The current lessee has contacted me today to let me know he won't be able to lease it for this season.

Here's the description:

Privately-owned 134 acre hunting parcel (Deer) in northeastern Rensselaer County (WMU – 4C).  Easy access to the property by paved road. 10 minutes from downtown Bennington, VT.   Dirt roads and maintained logging roads on the property (good horse & ATV trails) with access for campers and/or trailers.  Land is level to steep.

Property consists of a mix of mature woods (13 acres), early succession woods (51 acres), maintained fields (7 acres of grass and clover), wild overgrown fields (19 acres of various grasses/flowers), overgrown pasture (32 acres of small trees and brush), and pine woods and swamp (12 acres).  There are approximately 100 wild apple and pear trees scattered throughout the property.  Woods consist of Maple, Birch, Oak, Hickory, Butternut, Beech, Hop Hornbeam, Poplar, and White Pine.  Numerous springs, ponds, and wetlands.  Parcel is surrounded by woodland and farmland fields which include crops of corn, hay, soybeans, and alfalfa.  Fantastic views of the surrounding valleys, mountains and far into Vermont.  Main wildlife corridor route (due to a low elevation pass with open ground) between 2 main valleys.  Good visibility with lots of edge.

Topos and aerial views available.

Price is negotiable.

Contact me and come take a look!

Call (802) 440-1559 or email to [email protected]

Hi Everybody,

This is a property which has been leased from 2018 to the present.  The current lessee has contacted me today to let me know he won't be able to lease it for this season.

Here's the description:

Privately-owned 134 acre hunting parcel (Deer) in northeastern Rensselaer County (WMU – 4C).  Easy access to the property by paved road. 10 minutes from downtown Bennington, VT.   Dirt roads and maintained logging roads on the property (good horse & ATV trails) with access for campers and/or trailers.  Land is level to steep.

Property consists of a mix of mature woods (13 acres), early succession woods (51 acres), maintained fields (7 acres of grass and clover), wild overgrown fields (19 acres of various grasses/flowers), overgrown pasture (32 acres of small trees and brush), and pine woods and swamp (12 acres).  There are approximately 100 wild apple and pear trees scattered throughout the property.  Woods consist of Maple, Birch, Oak, Hickory, Butternut, Beech, Hop Hornbeam, Poplar, and White Pine.  Numerous springs, ponds, and wetlands.  Parcel is surrounded by woodland and farmland fields which include crops of corn, hay, soybeans, and alfalfa.  Fantastic views of the surrounding valleys, mountains and far into Vermont.  Main wildlife corridor route (due to a low elevation pass with open ground) between 2 main valleys.  Good visibility with lots of edge.

Topos and aerial views available.

Price is negotiable.

Contact me and come take a look!

Call (802) 440-1559 or email to [email protected]

Good luck. I think @grampy is nearby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Literally in my lap.  Lots of hills and valleys. Might be something you would want to walk and see if it's what you're thinking about. Not the region in my area I would look for a wall hanger, but if the agg is there in neighboring lands, it might be a option.