My first AR15 build

I like them, they have great stuff, great prices and are very nice people to work with. I guess my only thing with them is their selection isnt that great, but they are still a very small shop. If they dont have something you want in stock, they can order it for you though. I would highly reccommend them. I will be buying a couple more of their lowers for future builds as well.

Haha, I meant I wondered if the Marine Corps would let me stick that on my M16.

Thats what I meant, its a normal dustcover like any AR based rifle has, but who knows if they would allow it. I did just send my fiance's cousin a bunch of Magpul Ranger floor plates to use with the E-mags he runs over in Afghanistan, and they let him use them.

Boy, this build sure is taking a different track from what i originally thought up, but i gotta go with good deals in the spirit of being a cheap bastard lol. Just got a smoking deal on a Midwest Industries 2 piece drop in front handguard/rail system.

Not to be nosy, but how much do you think you'll have into it when its complete?

700-800 maybe. Thats alot better than the price of a complete rifle plus the price of the add ons to make it what I want.

Ya that's what I was wondering, if it was going to end up being more expensive then a stock gun...Turns out it will be cheaper and have added customization's, cant beat that.

The handguard got here today, so I swapped it out. I think it looks great!

2012-06-23_17-32-28_268.jpg

I got it in OD Green, which will match the grip and stock. I may or maynot get some rai l covers for the areas that arent going to get used. I havent quite decided if I will put the Magpul angled foregrip on it or if I will go with a vertical grip. I need to get my hands on a rifle with the angled one to see if I like it first.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a huge fan of the angled grip versus the vertical grip but probably not for a practical reason that would help you any... When we go onto FOBs the rifles go on our back and it's bad enough having a magazine poking at you but the vert grip does the same. The angled grip is nice and (relatively) out of the way. Plus it never catches on stuff when we're moving.

The handguard got here today, so I swapped it out. I think it looks great!

2012-06-23_17-32-28_268.jpg

I got it in OD Green, which will match the grip and stock. I may or maynot get some rai l covers for the areas that arent going to get used. I havent quite decided if I will put the Magpul angled foregrip on it or if I will go with a vertical grip. I need to get my hands on a rifle with the angled one to see if I like it first.

I like the color scheme! As far as covers,they really bulk it up.I like them as much as I don't.

Thats what im worried about. I dont have huge hands and want to keep it comfortable to hold. I might get some just for keeping the cold metal off my hands in the winter.

How many would you want? I have a pack of new ones and don't need or want them all,your welcome to them.

Ill let you know if i decide to put some on. The place i am getting the LPK from usually has a few different builds around that you can check out. Ill see if they have any when I go over there. I appreciate the offer!

Im chompin at the bit for my stock and buffer set to get here.

I picked up my parts kit and sight today and built the lower out while my son ate dinner. I think it turned out very nice. The only part I am waiting for is the green grip and trigger guard. Otherwise, I am gonna pick up a couple mags and head to the range as soon as I can.

2012-07-06_18-15-37_961.jpg

The grip came in today, so the rifle build is now done. This grip has removabe, interchangable front and back straps to better fit your hand. The regular black grip that came with the lower parts kit was way toothin feeling to me. This grip is set with the medium back strap and standard front, and it feels perfect for me. It also has the front strap that includes a built in trigger guard. Ill post a range report once I have a chance to get it to the gun club.

2012-07-09_22-11-28_518.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the Hogue grips. They fit my smaller hands really well and have a tacky feel without being sticky. Now all you need is a 6.8 SPC or 6.5 Grendel upper to take her out deer hunting! I'm almost done with my Mega MA-TEN build- just waiting to get my upper back from having the muzzle brake permanently attached.