ML Deer Season History

nyslowhand

That's one of the problems with communicating within this medium ( internet)..

Without being able to hear voices and study facial expressions  and body language, it's often easy to misinterperet another person's  meaning...

Remember the old old Gary Cooper line...?..

" SMILE  when you say that, PARTNER.." ..  :) ..

That's one of the problems with communicating within this medium ( internet)..

Without being able to hear voices and study facial expressions  and body language, it's often easy to misinterperet another person's  meaning...

Remember the old old Gary Cooper line...?..

" SMILE  when you say that, PARTNER.." ..  :) ..

I hear that txt messages get me in trouble all the time apparently my sarcasim doesn't travel well with out voice/facial expressions.... Got me into the horrible habit of throwing lol on the end of everything so people know im joking makes me feel like a teenage girl...lol

SteveB and myself are on the same page here I would support a primitive season with Flintlock/Fussil only once primers are introduced 11's or 209's I would not support it in the early season... just my line in the sand

CNY

• 4 weeks later...

In the nothern zone, when the special ml season started, it ran concurrent with the last week of archery. In other words it was always the week before regular season started when archery was also running.  It was patched round balls only and primitive eithe r flint or #11 caps.  If you took a deer during the ml season, you had to use your regular buck tag and were done for the season.  It did not go over well, and the state saw a way to make a buck. If you took  deer with with the ml, for 10 bucks you got a replacement tag for regular season.  The state again saw a way to make money, so they added other proectiles.  You could always use an inline, the only thing regulated was the projectile and ignition, which was flintlock or #11 cap.  I know what you are thinking, but CVA made an inline called a blazer. It shot #11 caps and was inline. The areas were also limited in the North.  Well again the state saw a way to make money and expanded the area and allowed scopes.  Then it went to all projectiles and ignition and a lot more areas to hunt. But in the long run, it helped the state. All the mlers sold generated revenue through the pittman-robertson act. Plus lots of licenses and tags were sold. Now in my area of the north, we have a week before regular season and a week after regular season.  In the late season, yo ucan use any tag you have left including dmp bow muzzle and regular tags. Now everyone I know owns a ml of one type or another.  It is looked at more as the start of regular season.