The government has drafted a Cecil the Lion Bill

Borngeechee

Ha! So you would think...That is if you forget lawyers right these things up and judges rule on them and wording is everything:

The bill, Conserving Ecosystems by Ceasing the Importation of Large (CECIL) Animal Trophies Act, would make it illegal for trophy hunters to bring back parts of any species proposed or listed as threatened or endangered under the Endangered Species Act of 1973.

I was going to let this pass ...but on further examination, I don't think so. First let me address this little gem:

good grief. Merlot Eventually Refined Leaving Out Lawyers act. Something to do with fine wine and keeping politicians out of the equation...

1.) Mentioning Bills are drafted (WRITTEN) and or reviewed by people with law degrees(Lawyers) or legal  backgrounds is just fact.

2.) In reference to the enlarged and bold part of your quote, well it's a bit of an oxymoron in a post about politicians drafting a Bill.

Now lets move on to your next gem:

Can't spel....

Sounds like a personal problem ,for I spelled right correctly. What I did was make an error on

homophones. which admittedly happens often and isn't always caught. In this case that particular word is in a group of 4 homophones. write,right,wright and rite. The fact that I read and use the two forms of write and right. ie, I write about being right handed, goes to my use of those two. This opposed to writing about a playwrights rite of passage. Now there are over 200 homophones in the English language,let me list just a few I tend to misuse So you can look for them :

you're/your

sight/site

write/right

Now I hope this helps you the next time you decide to display your superior intellect in an attempt to undermine that of another. Nothing worse than making such an attempt and walking away having been fitted for a dunce cap.  :rolleyes: