Youth hunt ,

G-Man

Not an entry but a good hunt.Last weekend I went turkey hunting for the first time. My uncle Al and I spent the night at Mr Greg's house. He had alot of antlers on the wall and even a bear! The next morning I was woken up by my uncle saying he broke my glasses. We fixed them with glue, tape, and a rubberband. I thought I put them away before I went to bed. 

I got ready by putting on my hunting gear, and out the door we went. It was hard not stepping on any sticks on the way to out hunting spot. It was hard because it was dark. While watching the sun rise learned that turkeys fly!! I had only seen a wild turkey one other time . They were in a cage at a fishing derby that my uncle Al took me to. They just had a large stick to climb on and didn't fly. Anyways, while I was watching the sunrise, I noticed that there was a turkey in the tree in front of us..he flew into the tree after only one call. Greg was in against the tree behind us calling the birds. After he stopped calling,a hen almost landed IN My LAP! 

There was another one that I was waiting to shoot but my uncle thought it was probably too far away for me..

All together we had a really fantastic hunt even though I didn't get a bird. We saw an adult turkey , and saw and heard a few gobblers. I even saw a Jake with a weird middle feather that stuck up in the center.  

Although the hunt was long, cold and a little boring..i enjoyed hunting with my uncle Al and Mr Greg. 

-olivia hirschbine

• Like 4

Great report I'm sure she had fun still. I got a laugh- reminds me of a time before opening day a couple years back. A buddy totally smashed his glasses the night before. They were unfixable and he was blind without them. He dug in his truck and found his amber wrap around sunglasses for his motorcycle. The bug looking ones that have an elastic strap and no frames. He looked ridiculous and he still missed a nice buck on the opener.

• Like 1