new turf to stomp

TreeGuy

Very excited that I finally tracked down the owner of a small field that I consistently see toms in. Guy is more than friendly and doesn't hunt turkey, so its just me out here. I swear I've put in my 5-noons and driven by this place and seen 4 strutters in this field with a smile on their face. That will soon change ! My poor attitude due to a lack of gobbling has just been turned around ! OK, I'm done here, gotta go scout, just wanted to share my excitement. ( tried explaining to the wife, she didn't really care )

Edited by TreeGuy
  • Like 2

Well, looks promising for tomorrow a.m. nice chunk of property, my only issue is there are quite a few deeeep valleys and this field is basically raised up with fairly steep hills surrounding it. Guessing they roost close so they can fly down into the field. Don't care either way.... can't wait for sunrise !!

And sunrise after sunrise came, the only thing I called in was a coyote. This ended up being a very humorous cat and mouse game. Long story short on my way to work the past couple days I have seen birds in the field ! Unbelievable but that's hunting ! Had a bearded hen come through my back yard as well, ugh these damn birds got me ! NEXT YEAR !