Lowes / Home Depot

fasteddie

I just bought a big ass 10" table saw from a guy in Walworth . I thought I was going to drop a nut horsing it over the side of my trailer . It's an older Craftsman saw with a cable drive and the motor isn't attached to the blade so the blade doesn't vibrate . Now I have to figure out where to put that monster .

I was into Lowes today shopping for some pressure treated dimension lumber. I wanted some 8" one-by-fours. I never saw such a twisted mess of scabby, knotty, horrible, boards that really had no practical use to anybody. They were almost funny to look at. Seriously, it was amazing that they could get that many humps and twists in an 8' length without actually trying. Some of them had 3" sideways bows, if you can imagine that. And then to add insult to injury, they have the nerve to ask $3.97 apiece for that crap. I couldn't use them if they were free. There were some 10' lengths that were much better, so with enough sorting, I might be able to cut them up to get some useable 8' sections. I didn't have room in my car for 10' lumber, so tomorrow I will take the trailer. There's not a lot of lumber competition in Canandaigua since Chase Pitkin closed up.