Jeep Liberty

We (wife) had a jeep liberty. Let me tell you what a freaking mess. Ball joint broke, wheel fell off, had to almost sue to get them to fix it under warranty. It was a known defect that they had not issued the recall on. Took 6 weeks to get the car back, 100% covered by the eventual recall that took place. Thank GOD it happened with me driving (I wasnt even driving really, I was backing the car out of a underground garage because I noticed something was wrong to have a tow truck take it in) and not my wife. After that experience I swore off jeeps for a while.

Well I picked up a vehicle for her last Friday. Got a great deal on it. She got home from Europe yesterday and I surprised her with it. DOes your heart good to see a good kid so happy. I ened up with a Subaru Forester. Love the AWD and is is higher than a car but not as high as a mini SUV. handles good. Only downfall is the milage is a bit low for a 4 cyl but that is expected turing all the wheels. Thanks for the input. I am glad I ddin't do te Liberty

My old boss had a Forrester - absolutely loved it! Yes the AWD takes a little more fuel, but the benefits of AWD outway that (in MHO anyway). Yes Culver... best of luck with it. Drive carefully - hehe.

You want AWD without the risk of flipping? Get a BMW.

I bought a 2001' 330XI with 50K miles a couple years back for only $11K cash off an old couple. I took it in the heavy snow storm on Halloween this year 5 hours to Pennsylvania to my hunting outfitters lodge....At first he laughed at me when meeting me for the first time sayin "This is the first BMW in camp ever in 50 years".....then he took me serious when the guys from NJ and Vermont couldnt make it that day because of the snow even with their SUV's and Pickups. Even with the AWD I get 24-25MPG on the highway, which isn't bad at all.

Oil changes once a year or every $15K miles, never had any issues with it....couldn't be happier....

It's my hunting and fishing ride....back seats fold down, my 7' rods fit perfectly from trunk to between the driver and passenger seat.....got the oars that break in half, so those fit too.

People in the middle of nowhere PA did look at me funny on the side of the road, in the pitch black, dressed in camo, pulling a crossbow out of my trunk and walking onto state land lol.