Old Goat

phade

Take a look at this old goat...I actually think I have pics of him from last year with a much more impressive rack. His roman nose, overbite is distinct. He is paired up with another buddy who is a shooter.

Edited by phade

I've read where 'old goats' can actually loose mass and have their racks go downhill. Guess this guy is really old... or could it be the dry weather not having enough nutrients to enrich his growing antlers?

I'm still waffling on whether a couple pics from last year are him - I think it is because based on the roman nose and overbite. His rack was decent last year but he was showing signs of some funky growth with the way his rack was curving..his antlers looked like a sharks mouth from a side view.

His left side looks like it's paddling out like a moose. I can't tell how many points, but he looks like more than 10 just from what I can see easily.

Nutrients and dry weather were not an issue...pretty good forage in the area and a couple ponds within about 50 yards of this photo. I actually think they were coming from the pond. One of his bachelor group buddies is of pretty significant size for a June photo.