Arrow length/weight help

blackradio

Thanks again for the info fellas. So I finally shot it today. Put the whisker biscuit on and borrowed a few arrows from a friend and it shoots a few inches high and to the left at 20 yards. The third set I busted my buddy's arrow when I hit the end of one arrow with the second arrow. Damn, now I owe him an arrow. I think I'll get the arrows cut at 29" to give it a little more flex and because I don't like having the broadhead behind my hand. The draw weight is very comfortable where it is, probably early-mid 60's and I'll probably leave it right there. On the gold tip chart, that gives me 5575 or 7595. I figure if I go with the 7595 which weigh 295 grain, and use a 125 grain BH, plus inserts, it'll weight right around 450 grains.

Check your Front Of Center before you commit to the broadhead weight. It should be at least 10% and closer to 13%. http://archeryreport.com/2010/09/arrow-foc-basics-calculate/

Try a 100 grain field tip and check the FOC. If your FOC is 400 add 50grains of weight to the insert. Try to get about 450gr total arrow weight. A heavier BH will also be larger and won't fly as well either.

Edited by nybuckboy