Taking a child to hunt with you

Leopolis

11 Should be old enough for a few hour hunt, a ground blind helps too. I need to get one of them for my gang.

My son's first trip we walked into deer on the way in and he and my Dad got bored in five minutes and went over to the creek to skip rocks and sing songs..lol Now at 8 he is more ready to go with us than ever before.

Edited by Doewhacker

My son's first trip we walked into deer on the way in and he and my Dad got bored in five minutes and went over to the creek to skip rocks and sing songs..lol Now at 8 he is more ready to go with us than ever before.

And Doe, if hunting doesn't turn out to be his thing, we can always use him for our "Kumbaya" choir! Could post a video of him singing when things get ugly around here. LOL

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

like stated above dont turn it into a chore. when i first took my oldest out with me we sat for 10 walked for ever and then sat somemore. i learned that morning to put the gun down and to listen. after that first time out i swear that boy would set his alarm 30 min before mine so that he could go hunting/tracking/history/science lesson.... i loved every minute of it.when it came time for him to think about hunting he was chomping at the bit to put his own stamp on hunting history. take your child with you and enjoy the day for what it is.....you will have a hunting buddy for life.