2012 Fletch "Whitetail Wanderings"

Fletch

12/2 am 45

Got out behind the house just for 1.5 hours this am then had a basketball game to get to.

Was raining pretty good all afternoon so relaxed. Did split up the first four does with the guys and with the buck I got in bow the freezer is looking good. Still room for a bit though...

Thanks bud!

12/6/12 am 27

Finally got done being lazy and was in the stand by 6:30am. I was not there 10 minutes and heard crunching in the frozen leaves. It was too dark to see but it was two or three deer one was running around. Not sure if it was a doe and fawns or what. About 7:30 I heard another walking but never saw it. It was very quiet this morning so the crunch in the leaves was loud.

12/7 am 37

Out back for 1.5 hours absolutely nothing. Fresh tracks show they are moving at night. Last weekend of shotgun/rifle is here. Man that was quick, I was sitting in stand this morn saying to myself get all the hunting you can in because it is all over in 11 days. YIKES

12/8 am

Got out in the hole for a couple hours. Nothing going on. Was feeling crappy so went home and veged rest of the day.

12/9 30

Hit Tully with the boys. Sat 2 hours first watch saw nothing, this is more like I remember gun season!!

Did a drive and nothing. Still feeling off. went home and vegeg then hit last watch behind house and nothing.

Got the unicorn back from the butcher, he pulled a 22 slug out from under its hide. Hate poachers!

12/15

Got out for first and last sits behind the house for a total of 4.5 hours in the stand Did not see anything.

12/16

Got out for 1.5 in the am behind the house. Jumped two in the dark going in and that was it. Daughter had basketball games all day so I did not get out.

12/17 am 36

Got out down in the hole this morn for 2 hours. I heard some branches break up above me in the thick stuff early but never saw anything. On my way out I jumped one off the edge of the thick stuff, must of been what I heard. No shot, it ran right up past my brothers stand but he was a t work.

This last week I have not been real into it with still kicking the flu and not wanting to get out of bed! I will be out again in a while.

12/18 pm 39

Well got out for the last watch out back. It was raining so hit the tower blind. Not much going on but enjoyed the sit going over the season in my head and thankful that I was healthy and able to hunt a whole lot!!

My bow season was slow but successful and gun season was better than usual for the first two weeks. After that things got slow. Muzzleloader was a bust due mostly to getting the flu, thankful that the freezer was in great shape by then. I enjoyed many days out, could of had a bit more snow!! I will be looking forward to expanding my sausagemaking skills this year. I really felt the pinch again this year on loss of hunting areas. I need to look into trying to add the neighbors 27 acres to mine, after the holidays I will have to pay him a visit. Also need to get out the chainsaws and start the orchard this year.

I hope everyone has a happy and healthy holiday season!!! It is always great sharing the fall with you all!!

• Like 2