Busted

oneidacountyhunter

Did a mornig sit today. Around 8:30 I had a doe stomping and doing the whole head bob thing in front of me at about 40 yards. ( I was on the ground ). Didn't even see her approach. Maybe I should pay alittle more attention next time LOL. She stayed for about a minute then blew and bounded off up the ridge. She was not happy with me!!

still a few days away for us on the other side of the state. I was hunting in TN once when I had a doe pawiing and snorting for like 10 minutes. It was the longest 10 minutes to stay still I ever did. In the end she walked away with her two fawns. I hope she didn't wind you at 40 yards, might need a bath or Scent-away. ;)

Yeah, I've heard some of the old timers say to try not to look a deer in the eyes if they are looking at you. I stared down a buck once, while fully concealed....he didnt like that one bit, and didnt stick around to find out what I was.

I bet there is validity to that.

I have heard that before. Just didn't think about it at that time

A few times I had that situation,in a non hunting situation that is.....I stomped the ground with my foot and houghed back at the doe......kinda screwed her thought process up for a spell,and I had to laugh out loud and she either bolted or walked off virtually scratching her head.