3M - Where?

WPNY79

Hey, everyone. I just got my license today and was fortunate enough to get a pair of DMP tags for 3M. Now my only issue is that I'm new to the area and haven't the faintest idea where to hunt. At the moment, all I've got is my grandpa's 12 gauge 870 Wingmaster, so no bow or muzzleloaders (YET!!).

Any advice you all could give me would be much appreciated. Thanks!

WPNY

just looking at your name...are you a cadet/service member at west point? if so i know there is a ton of great land available to you. if not there is plenty of public/state land in orange county including stewart and sterling forest. or you can do what i do...spend some time on google maps and start knocking on doors.

my philosophy is if you knock on 100 doors and 99% of the people people say NO...you have yourself a one new piece of property to hunt!!!...good luck!

The only public land I know of that is in 3M is Stewart State Forest which is overly crowded and a war zone during the first few days of gun season. Not 100% positive but looking at the WMU map, West Point looks like it falls under 3P.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...