rut activity

markb7mm

My body hurts, as said in other posts,bad back and sholder + my 100 lb. Lab. pulls me on the ground and screws up my left biecept.So I haven't been out bow hunting.Sleep in this morning and go food shopping after breakfast.On the way back this 10 point wide rack with a swollen neck runs in front of me crossing the road.Get home put the food away,have a bite for lunch and start up the JD tractor,looks like a good day to finish clearing a trail that I have 90 % finished to get to one of my hunting spots,with My ATV or Sled.Now for the last few days I have noticed that 2 of the does born this year have been without there mother, that have been staying on the property all year.I put my bow which is in the case on the back of the tractor Just in case I see one of the big boys.

We have AR in my area.On the way to the spot I want to clear are the two young does feeding in a food plot above the house, the see me coming and go up hill and there is Mom.Withe her bedded down is her boy friend.I stop to see what is on his head.I see four points on each side not counting the brow tines.Well no matter how my body hurts I am going to try to take a shot at him,I get off of the tractor un zip the bow case and he is Gone.I guess the rut is on.