Another NY giant...

WNY Bowhunter

Ya but local communities talk.If a big buck is taken then someone tells so and so then so and so tells so and so and so on.The pics get spread with the cell phones and you hear.It might not make huntingny's forums but you will get word.If you don't it is mostly cause it was shot on posted land or some one shot it illegally.

Not really. I know quite a few guys that shoot them 100% legally and they never let the cat out of the bag when they get a good one. You might get a chance to see the racks if you go to their house, but unless you know where they hunt, they dont give hints where they were taken. In other words, you may never hear about them unless you have a direct tie to the person.

• Like 2

I shot a big 8 point about 5 yrs back and dragged it right to the car. Well the neighbor saw me out there and came over to see the deer. Well pretty soon the whole damn world was there and I havent been able to beat back the tresspassers ever since. I go out of my way now to get them out without anyone seeing. You shoot a big one better to shut up and not say a word. Or atleast lie about where you shot it. Know anyone you dont like? Tell the world you shot it on their property. :spiteful:

Not really. I know quite a few guys that shoot them 100% legally and they never let the cat out of the bag when they get a good one. You might get a chance to see the racks if you go to their house, but unless you know where they hunt, they dont give hints where they were taken. In other words, you may never hear about them unless you have a direct tie to the person.

even 190" in an area that never gets that big?Ya maybe.I see the reason and believe in it.But its like have a super model for a girl friend and no one knowing.I am talking small town.Direct connections go farther than you think.Like i said.so and so to so and so.The phone pics get spread quick.You might not know it was farmer John but you know it was in you county.I see them every year.I have seen about 20 pics of deer in the 130 to 165 ish range this yr.Some they will not reveal the location.Some they will say right down the spot it was shot.