New rifle choices?

Fletch, are you nuts? One rifle to hunt the rest of your life? Good Lord Man.........

If your going to do that, might as well get a David Miller or D'arcy Echols gun? Either one of them would be worthy of hunting 'till the end with!

Partial to Stephen Dodd Hughes or a Martini-Hagn myself.

Check out that Duane Wiebe take down 404Jeff on AR.......I could go slumming with that rig and still hold my head high. Can't say I dig the custom bases, think a claw is classier.

Fletch, are you nuts? One rifle to hunt the rest of your life? Good Lord Man.........

If your going to do that, might as well get a David Miller or D'arcy Echols gun? Either one of them would be worthy of hunting 'till the end with!

lol I am not a huge rifle nut, but i have a Marlin 30-30 lever and a Remington 7mm mag. I also have a 22 and a 22mag for varmints. I just want that fine rifle that is very well made, a sweet shooter but serviceable and something that will not make me cry when it gets some scratches and war marks. The Rem I got was a cheap model that I picked up when I had a couple hunts out west. It shoots well but is a bit much for whitetail at my range shots and a bit well cheaply made. I hunt hard and my equipment must as well so no $5000 hand made gun!! Like to stay around a k or less.

At least for now. :blink:

Edited by Fletch

Fletch, Those are three great choices. I own a walnut stocked Weatherby Vanguard in 30-06, and its a tack driver. It came with a target fired by the rifle to verify the groupings are .5 inches or less. Its a wonderrful rifle. Anything made by Thompson has got to be great. I hear the Thompson ventures guanantee 1 minite of arc accuracy. Tikka has a great reputation. I would probably go with the Weatherby Vanguard or the Thompson Venture. I'm understand that S&W the new owner has cleared up the recall issue.

Thanks for the input ADK, and good to hear on the recall. I had the TC on top untill the recalls. And I know Weatherby is always a good gun I have a couple buddies that will shoot nothing else. That Tikka is the best looking of the bunch to me, just visually I have never held it.