Pictures of food plots

Some recent pictures of the turnip and clover plots. The turnip bulbs are ranging in size anywhere from a raddish to an apple. The deer are starting to eat at the turnip tops, hopefully I planted enough that they wont eat the entire plot prematurely. I also added fertilizer to the turnip plot for the second time (2 months after planting) in hopes to speed up growth, now only if it will rain. Enjoy

post-18-131455337869_thumb.jpg

post-18-131455337916_thumb.jpg

post-18-131455337935_thumb.jpg

NYBow, they look amazing.  So nice and lush!  How many times did you have to cut it this summer after planting?

The clover plot is its second season, I would say that since the spring we have cut the clover plot every two or three weeks. The last two cuts we only mowed in strips and left some clover higher so the deer would leave the turnips alone, seems to have worked. This time of year all the clover plots are growing very slow, we gave them their last cut this past week.. We always like to leave the clover a little high going into the fall. Thank God no more mowing for this year.