DEC Report to the NYSCC Fall meeting

bpb

Yes there was a couple of things of interest. First of all, between 2008 and 2009, license sales plummeted. I hope that's not a trend. They wound up with more revenue for 2009 because of the one-shot blitz of lifetime licenses. I'll guarantee that that money is gone or spoken for already. So where's the operating cash coming from in future years?

The other thing is the amazing drop in total revenues between 2007 and 2010. The fish and wildlife & marine resources division of the DEC is operating on less than 1/2 the resources that they had in 2007. That is why everytime I hear people demanding all these changes in management schemes, I keep asking where the money is coming from to study and implement them. Unless the schemes are actual cost reductions, I don't see the DEC doing a whole lot other than staying in place or actually retreating in management expenditures and activities. Imagine that, < 1/2 the operating resources of 3 years ago. I knew things were bad, but that is ridiculous!

Doc

You want to know where the money is,Look at the marine license they

got about 60 senators to vote to recind it,we have to hope that it fails in the assembly,check the hunting guide and see how much it's costing just for long Island,It took in lot of money in one year and it goes into a dedicated account like the life time license,

only the interest is used,but in this down economy very little income