Decorated Vet Arrested Faces Felony Charges For AR Magazines

Perhaps you should also research the number of police misconduct cases. The numbers are staggering. We vets stick together. That's not to say that we stand behind those that break the law-we don't. However, until this case is brought to light, no one actually knows what happened.

As some forum members know, I just got done with going to court for 4 months for tickets that were just flat out not true. It cost me everything. Car impounded, my job, and everything else. Even though I showed the cop my legit paperwork, I was still given tickets. They will get no sympathy from me.

I was sure that with some of the research that I have done on gunlaws that military active or vetran were exemt from civilian laws.I may be wrong but in my opinion these men and women defend us so I think if they have somethings that the general public dont/cannot have then so be it.Thankyou to all of those that have and will serve our country.

• Like 1

Perhaps you should also research the number of police misconduct cases. The numbers are staggering. We vets stick together. That's not to say that we stand behind those that break the law-we don't. However, until this case is brought to light, no one actually knows what happened.

As some forum members know, I just got done with going to court for 4 months for tickets that were just flat out not true. It cost me everything. Car impounded, my job, and everything else. Even though I showed the cop my legit paperwork, I was still given tickets. They will get no sympathy from me.

ok, so you can consider all cops as crooked and every military person I see I'll consider a scumbag because of all the crimes committed by other military personnel.........good concept.

If your paperwork was legit then the tickets were tossed out when you went to court.....right??

Yes, but that was after they impounded my car, and I lost my job. After 4 months of going to court, I was up for a jury trial. After waiting for 3 hours for my jury trial, I was called up by the judge. He said "Failure to prosecute, case dismissed". Of course, by then, the damage was done.

ok, so you can consider all cops as crooked and every military person I see I'll consider a scumbag because of all the crimes committed by other military personnel.........good concept.

Did I say ALL cops are crooked? Don't try to put words in my mouth. I go hunting, and fishing with a couple of cops, and I certainly have no ill will toward them.

One was a criminal charge. The others were traffic. My jury trial was supposed to be on a misdemeanor charge. They were, driving with no insurance, driving with suspended registration, and not updating my info on my drivers license.

Did I say ALL cops are crooked? Don't try to put words in my mouth. I go hunting, and fishing with a couple of cops, and I certainly have no ill will toward them.

you've consistently shown a general dislike of police officers, I have many military friends and would never have made a negative comment about the military until I read all your cop bashing posts..like they say, people in glass houses shouldn't cast stones.

One was a criminal charge. The others were traffic. My jury trial was supposed to be on a misdemeanor charge. They were, driving with no insurance, driving with suspended registration, and not updating my info on my drivers license.

If your insurance, registration and license were all valid, according to DMV, how did you get tickets in the first place???

I never started out as bashing you, this thread started out as a vet who got collared for breaking the law and it turned into the cops doing something shady to make the arrest....so yes, it really was about a "decorated soldier" getting railroaded by rogue cops.

If your insurance, registration and license were all valid, according to DMV, how did you get tickets in the first place???

Ants, that's a good question. They were all valid according to the DMV records, which the public defender presented as evidence. In fact she had my drivers abstract, and all the other info showing I was legit. Now, that doesn't mean the DMV might not have screwed up on the regi-I honestly don't know. The other tickets, though, were definitely issued at the officers discretion.

you've consistently shown a general dislike of police officers, I have many military friends and would never have made a negative comment about the military until I read all your cop bashing posts..like they say, people in glass houses shouldn't cast stones.

You know how much of a baby you are sounding right now? 13BVET is just stating facts and his experiences, no bad-mouthing whatsoever, and here you are rambling about how terrible veterans are and how horrendous their crimes are. Then you turn around and start accusing 13BVET of making generalizations? Wow! Get off your high horse.

my guess is the dmv computer inquiry showed they where not valid, but he had paperwork saying they were.

JJB, that may have been the case on the regi-again, I don't know. But, as I stated to Ants, the other tickets were definitely the officers doing. It is honestly beyond me, as to what happened.

JJB, that may have been the case on the regi-again, I don't know. But, as I stated to Ants, the other tickets were definitely the officers doing. It is honestly beyond me, as to what happened.

ok, let's not turn this into a bitch fest, I honestly did not intend to direct any of my comments towards you, and if taken as so I apologize......just seems to be a general dislike of cops these days, and most of them have no input on law making, they're just average guys doing a job.