early bow season

Robhuntandfish

Back when bow opened October 15th, I killed some bucks on opening day. Since they changed it to the 1st, I haven't seen a decent buck to shoot on our properties that early. Last couple years, early season, I've just caught up on my to do list. And if I do hunt, it's in an observation stand, to just see what's moving and where. I don't like to use my good set ups until I know the bigger bucks are up and on their feet moving. That for us, isn't until towards the end of October.

Doing all I can, to be able to pull my bow at 50lbs right now. I may not be able to hunt till crossbow this year? But as they say, if there is a will, there is a way! One more bow buck would be so sweet!

• Like 2

Back when bow opened October 15th, I killed some bucks on opening day. Since they changed it to the 1st, I haven't seen a decent buck to shoot on our properties that early. Last couple years, early season, I've just caught up on my to do list. And if I do hunt, it's in an observation stand, to just see what's moving and where. I don't like to use my good set ups until I know the bigger bucks are up and on their feet moving. That for us, isn't until towards the end of October.
Doing all I can, to be able to pull my bow at 50lbs right now. I may not be able to hunt till crossbow this year? But as they say, if there is a will, there is a way! One more bow buck would be so sweet!
You got it Grampy! Maybe take a shot a day (bow shot that is) and make that one count! You'll be out there!

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk