If you had to choose...

i would use either one, and not complain one bit...

these new red LED's are so far ahead of what we used years ago,

depending on how it looks through your glass, will determine how far you can make a positive ID is all

edit to add

don't forget to keep a white light in your pocket for following blood trails, we spend so much time with red lights, I always forget to grab a white one, and following a blood trail with a red light sucks

I agree with all of that and you aint kidding about tracking with a red light! At minimum, I carry a small 1AA light, but usually a cheapo medium sized light.

Since we're bustin out tips, I'll add that hand held lights are less cumbersome when carried on a strap around your neck. It allows you to drop your scan light and have both hands to prepare for the shot or to coax in a wary critter.

WNYBuck, I see what you're saying about post 14. I forgot we had pics from that perspective.

Heres what we have always used. A cyclops LED with a red filter. If the area we are shining is small, ill leave it on floodlight mode for scanning. It covers more area at a slightly less intense brightness. When we see eyes, it switches to spot mode to help identify the target. In the past we have always left it at that all the way in, but this next year we will be adding a kill light for the shot. My scanning light is on a rope and hangs around my neck along with my hand calls.

The really nice thing about a white led with a red filter is we can pull the filter off and use the white light if we need to look for stuff.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have 4 or 5 different ones, this is the one I'm useing now

I do like it, and would recomend it

http://www.nighteyespredatorlight.com/new_website_out_of_stock_with_joes_pictures_2_003.htm

This one does look good. Are the batteries easily changed out? I'd probably need to swap atleast once per night if I was using only that for scanning. I like headlamps for once I spot a predator, but to scan 360 it would cause me to have to move my torso back and forth since I scan constantly. A handheld scan can be a little cumbersome, but I only need to move my wrist to scan. Plus when I'm shotgunning, if the pred comes in fast I can usually ID them with my scanlight and just drop the forearm down on the light and shoot. It's all about preference, so I'm still waiting for Shawn to unveil his concoction. I might need 2 if the hype is true!!

Edited by PREDATE

Thanks for being patient. The lights and the kits are actually here, but like I said previously, I'm not willing to release a product in not totally happy with. I'm anal like that.

I'm having the manufacturer recall over 100 modules due to a mistake they made during production. I'm waiting on that. Once that's sorted out, you'll be the first to know.

This one does look good. Are the batteries easily changed out? I'd probably need to swap atleast once per night if I was using only that for scanning. I like headlamps for once I spot a predator, but to scan 360 it would cause me to have to move my torso back and forth since I scan constantly. A handheld scan can be a little cumbersome, but I only need to move my wrist to scan. Plus when I'm shotgunning, if the pred comes in fast I can usually ID them with my scanlight and just drop the forearm down on the light and shoot. It's all about preference, so I'm still waiting for Shawn to unveil his concoction. I might need 2 if the hype is true!!

predate,

i've ran mine from 5 pm until 5 am on and off....around 30 to 40 stands on 1 battery, these run the same battery as my gun light so I always have spares and and they do change out in about 30 seconds

when shotgunning, this is the best, as you can scan and shoot with the same light, no need for a shotgun light just keep it a little of to the side, and it will be where you want it

i'll be interested in what shawn has as well, i have a lot of rifles set up for my poor buddies LOL and can always use another GOOD light

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I see from the FB page that you've had some buyers. I missed the shooter package sale, but I'll be sure to watch the page more.

It's almost time to give the predators the business! :yahoo:

Yup, you snooze you lose! I run these crazy deals once in a while to get these babies in people's hands. I'd be in trouble if I ran with those prices all the time, hence the limit of two.

I didn't want to make a post here about it, people give me enough of a stink about my signature on my other phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk