Jack Frost,snow flakes and Gobbling

noodle one

Went out this morning to listen for any gobbling. My truck was covered with frost and it was snowing pretty good. I didn't check the temp, but it was cold. Went down to the corner store and picked up a coffee and then headed out to a spot that I wanted to listen from. Got there about 5:45 am and 5min later I heard the first gobble. Then two more started up,in all three gobblers.. The two only gobbled one time, the bird that gobbled first, gobbled a doz times off and on until 6:15 am. I was setting there listening and about 6:30 am a hen crossed the road behind my truck heading for the gobbler. , she was in no hurry just taking her time . the gobbler was a good three to four hundred yards away. I had seem this hen before so I knew there was a gobbler there ,but this is the first time that I heard him gobble. If he stayes there it should be a good bird to hunt the frist day. 

I was just wondering if anyone else got snow...the suns been up for a while now and still every thing is covered...and it's still in the 20's....I've had the window open so I could listen...no sounds gobbles ...shots ...just lots of wood peckers and song birds....Feel bad for the kids...at least there is NO wind today...it's a good thing

Congrats to him...Nice bird! ...that's about as much snow as we have in the hills here today...Did you take him out? If so congrats to you as well....

yeah I took him out now he wants to know why I spend so many days hunting when he get his the first time out .lol