Picked Up A New Hub Blind

grampy

As most of you know I'm primarily a ground hunter. Most of my hunting is done from natural ground blinds I build from what I find on the ground nearby. But over the last few years I've gotten into hub blinds as well.

The Mrs and I happened to be near Utica yesterday. So we stopped by the Bass Pro. I found the Muddy Infinity blind and bought it for close to $200. It has good size and mesh windows that I can see out and deer can't see in? Also alot of adjustment for window openings.

So......just wondering if anyone else has used this blind and how ya like it? Also is there many of you that also hunt from hub blinds? Like anything, the hub binds have their pro's and con's. I like em for hunting nasty weather, to keep out there when I'd likely not be.20220724_144246.thumb.jpg.6aa187fd62211a16b5b58e1b4969053f.jpg

• Like 5

You will love it grampy. I have switched to mainly hunting blinds because my boys (8 & 6) who are usually in tow now. I love being able to move around freely, run a portable heater and just spread out and relax while enjoying the woods. Sometimes deer appear where you don't expect them and just like in a treestand there usually isn't much you can do.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The one blind I use occasionally is ameristep maybe brick house? With bow I sit way back so I can draw cleanly. I only open a few windows and even those are small openings. I leave them like that year round and wear black. Never had a deer spook and tons under 10yds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BizCT said:

The one blind I use occasionally is ameristep maybe brick house? With bow I sit way back so I can draw cleanly. I only open a few windows and even those are small openings. I leave them like that year round and wear black. Never had a deer spook and tons under 10yds

I too have used the Ameristep blinds. They seem to hold up OK when staked down well. And like you, I only keep the windows open to a minimum, and have seen plenty of deer. Even killed a nice buck from one a couple years back.

But this Muddy blind has window mesh that says I can see out, and deer can't see in? That may allow me to see more deer, that perhaps I wouldn't have before? IDK?? We'll see. 

Also has built in brush loops that hold brush to the blind. I'm hoping this blind will be a step up from the Ameristep?

I too have used the Ameristep blinds. They seem to hold up OK when staked down well. And like you, I only keep the windows open to a minimum, and have seen plenty of deer. Even killed a nice buck from one a couple years back.
But this Muddy blind has window mesh that says I can see out, and deer can't see in? That may allow me to see more deer, that perhaps I wouldn't have before? IDK?? We'll see. 
Also has built in brush loops that hold brush to the blind. I'm hoping this blind will be a step up from the Ameristep?

So Mine is the mesh windows. It’s great. I only open a few smalll spots but you can certainly look through the mesh even with binocs. It’s great. I never shot through it or even tried.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BizCT said:

So Mine is the mesh windows. It’s great. I only open a few smalll spots but you can certainly look through the mesh even with binocs. It’s great. I never shot through it or even tried.

I definitely wouldn't try shooting through the mesh either. 

• Like 1

I remember when blinds advertised shoot though mesh panels. I always wondered how they would effect the arrow flight. 

Hunted from blinds on and off over the yrs. Always keep shooting windows open. 

• Like 1

Be sensitive to turkey hunting out of them. Turkey can and will see you in the see through style blinds. Not sure how, but I think they can see the shadows or silhouettes. We ran into that this spring and come to find out alot of others state the same thing in online forums.

Deer, good to go.

• Like 2