LOVE my new Benelli

I bought a Benelli SuperNova with the Max4 camo a couple months ago and got my first kill with it the other morning, (a jake at 60 yards) but thats not what this topic is about. 

After the heavy rain the last couple of days the creek I needed to cross to get under the birds I was going to hunt was much higher than normal and over my boots.  The only way to hunt these birds in my swamp is to get on a large Pine tree knoll next to their roost which is where they fly down to before moving on to an apple orchard.  I tried crossing the high creek in multiple spaces with no luck.  Finally I found a solid log jam (at least after my first step it seemed solid.  I took one more step and in I went along with my gun, phone and flashlight up to my waste in muddy and cold water.  First reaction was, "iPhone, iPhone iPhone!!" which was in my pocket.  After slipping up the bank and to my surprise a working phone I sludged on boots full of water.  Birds flew down perfect exactly how I planned and I made a great shot with the 3 1/2 inch. 

After getting home and switching out of my soaked cloths I pulled out the instructions to my new gun to see how hard it would be to completly strip it down and clean it.  After less than ten minutes I had everything all the way down to the firing pin laying out on the table!!! I couldn't believe how simple it was to take apart and clean.  They say these guns are designed for this kind of abuse and I completly agree after seeing the mud and water inside it yet it still functioned like a dream!  I hate to say it but im not sure if my trusty 11-87 could have worked so flawlessly after my lil dip in the creek. 

I would highly recommend this gun to anyone I meet now who is asking about a good gun!  

I'm thinking about getting one myself, not that I need another shotgun! I used my brothers one day when we were Turkey hunting to shoot a nice Tom. When we went to where the bird dropped in the field we looked back at the blind and said "That looks like a pretty far shot". My brother went back to the blind to get his rangefinder and ranged it off at 63 yards! My other shotguns would be lucky to hold a good pattern at 40 yards. I might buy one just for Turkey hunting that way I can leave my scope on my other shotgun for deer hunting!

• Like 1

Had real good luck with my super Vinci killed my biggest Tom at 67 yards this year. But 2 years 3 turkeys and 13 coyotes later im

gonna switch it up and sell the benelli and get a browning Maxus. Like to change guns and bows every few years. Selli it dirt cheap if any ones wants one.

I'm thinking about getting one myself, not that I need another shotgun! I used my brothers one day when we were Turkey hunting to shoot a nice Tom. When we went to where the bird dropped in the field we looked back at the blind and said "That looks like a pretty far shot". My brother went back to the blind to get his rangefinder and ranged it off at 63 yards! My other shotguns would be lucky to hold a good pattern at 40 yards. I might buy one just for Turkey hunting that way I can leave my scope on my other shotgun for deer hunting!

Yeah this was originally going to be my new waterfowl gun but I will probably wind up using it for a lot more! And you can never have too many shotguns are you crazy! haha

Had real good luck with my super Vinci killed my biggest Tom at 67 yards this year. But 2 years 3 turkeys and 13 coyotes later im

gonna switch it up and sell the benelli and get a browning Maxus. Like to change guns and bows every few years. Selli it dirt cheap if any ones wants one.

What's dirt cheap???