Not again,lol

wooly

Ok guys, this is getting a little weird...... again!
A couple days ago, I ran behind the house to check cams. When I got to the area that I had that deer follow me home from. I looked over to my left and saw a pink ear glowing in the morning sunshine. I had the Nikon so I snapped a few pics of the bedded deer. Shortly after that, it stood up, stretched, and began browsing it's way towards me.

It milled around for a bit and seemed really interested in me but hesitant to come over.... but I know it wanted to!

Now yesterday, I run back here again in the rain without the Nikon, and who do I see... yup, my little friend. I only had my pocket cam with me to check my trail cameras, so I figured the best I could do was some crappy video. Well, I'm not used to shooting vid from this thing, so I missed the first 2 minutes of this deer coming to within 5ft of me to sniff me out. As she made her way away, I finally got the video figured out and started recording. A little late, but I'm sure we'll be seeing each other again sometime soon. My batteries finally petered out after this clip, but I managed to follow this deer for another 5 minutes and it couldn't have cared less as I got within 10yds of it most of the time.

When it finally got tired of my foolish games, it casually trotted off the way it did the first time we met!
What the heck is up with my deer around here,lol! 
 If I keep having them rescued by DEC, I wont have any left to shoot this season!

I'll try to get some better pics of this one next time I'm through here! If I'm lucky, maybe I can get her to lick me too,lol! Anyhow, click the pic for a 45 second clip from yesterday, and I'll add a few stills below from my first encounter with her.

th_101_2151_zpsfd3afda1.jpg

Here she is the first time we met! Crappy pics, but this is what I first saw was that ear in the sunlight.

_CSC0832_zps8696312c.jpg

_CSC0839_zps9d197a17.jpg

_CSC0830_zps19ed0a3c.jpg

....and as long as I'm at it, here's a young buck from the other morning and a soggy morning doe.

_CSC0781_filtered_zps8d17c3d0.jpg

large.jpg

Edited by wooly
  • Like 1

OK Wooly that is it, no more reporting deer to the DEC, LOL...  I don't care IF they follow you home...  That is some funny stuff right their Apoallo!

From now on any deer that follow you home are still free, just keep them out of the fenced area(s)!  If you don't feed them they are not pets... 

That's funny Wooly I always felt that way about the "stupid" deer but I never seem to find a big stupid deer lol! 

Bet they sense you as calm opposed to in stealth "hunting" mode.  Summer abundance, long time since last years chase?  Easy of living.  To say they do not have an awareness about our physical presence and state of mind would be a joke.  Just another one of those things that make them unique! 

As we study and revere them in their natural environment we are in their house and as guest we are observed and viewed upon with trepidation.  Those who loose that fear seem as pets even though they are free as the birds.  I think easy conditions could cause that, possibly?  Maybe I am reaching...

Use that last line for any other deer that seem like pets, I will vouch for you...  :tease:  :O  :tease: