2013 DLC Covert Black 60

Basic Features:

• Black Flash - 60 ft or so
  • 4, 8, 0r 12 AA batteries - long life (great characteristic of Covert cams)
  • Up to three pic burst of programmable HD video plus sound (720 or 1080)
  • Color viewer
  • Several MP options for photos.

What I found I liked: I am a big video fan overall because I use cams for hunting purposes. Videos show more information - period. Make it a legit black flash cam with HD and sound? Sure, I'm in. No more bugging out of dodge with a red blob glowing in the woods.

Daytime videos are awesome. Nighttime images are Very Good. When it comes to nighttime images - I don't think I've seen a  video yet that I would classify as "awesome" in black flash. But, I much prefer this cam's videos over anything I have had thus far, even including my favorite SG550 of old. Sounds is also interesting. It's pretty neat actually. We had a train derailment and one video I post you can hear the fire whistles going off for it.

720p HD is much better than 1080p on this cam because of frame rate. 30fps for 720 and 10 for 1080. Covert is going to tweak that...no doubt, whether it is in a firmware update or in new models. Still, 720 provides what you need.

I doubt I'll ever use this cam on photo mode.

My 2012 Black 60s are not HD video and I use them in pic mode only as a result (VGA isn't all that great) but also more for scouting and inventory. I am thinking about unloading some for the HD models so I can use video.

Now, for the samples:

• Like 1