This could be a problem...

I found another few producing oak..53 now...and this branch that had fallen some time ago from the dryness of leafs....the tree is loaded and the acorns I can see in the canopy are huge...lots of small ones under all trees...the deer will have enough food all over to not have to move this fall....

(sp)

Edited by growalot

Your right! Needless to say water every where as well......first sign of any pressure and they will just bed down ...getting up to stretch munching what's just around them...traveling at night...I''ve seen that before......hmmm not long now...we'll soon see

I have real bad blight on a chestnut tree in my yard, and the wife won't let me cut it down. It's the first to curl and also to drop leaves. It's clearly got some curl going on.

People are going to hate this season if they hunt too close to the "destination" food sources such as big ag fields or plots. There's not going to be much reason for deer to leave their bed safe zones once the oaks are raining. As noted the water is plentiful, making this one of the tougher hunting seasons I think we'll see in a long while.

I already have pics of deer eating fallen apples. Apples are loaded too. Certainly a season of plenty.

I jumped out of my skin as I rounded the "canvas garage" on the way to the blueberries.... to have a deer snort and jump away...one of the loaded apple trees is 10 ft from the garage and the branches hanging down are only 3ft from the door...the smell of gas ...all kinds of equipment and well I'm out there on and off all day long....switch equipment.......but the neighbors bedding is just across the hedge row...no hunting safety zone and they know it....