Done with Food Plots till next yr!!

Ugh, long day but im done!! The first pic is from my dads land. We've cleared out a good 1/2 to 3/4 acres the past couple yrs. Today we cleared the overgrown plot and re planted. The other three are in my back yrd. 2nd pic is the clover, chicory & alfalfa. The 3rd is were I just planted WI winter peas and the last is my corn, sunflower and sorghums. Sorry if the pics are small I just got a new laptop and I hate it because I cant figure it out.

post-2758-0-40648500-1375829189.jpg

post-2758-0-70005600-1375829201.jpg

post-2758-0-72590100-1375829214.jpg

post-2758-0-53934300-1375829221.jpg

• Like 4

Nice buffet!! Where did you get your winter peas? I planted 4010 winter peas (similar to Austrian Winter Peas) 2 years ago and the deer ate them right up! Still remember seeing the deer pick their heads up and having vines of winter pea hanging over both sides of their mouth! Been in the back of my mind to plant them again, but the damn shipping cost me a lot more than the seeds did! Would like to find a local distributer. Probably not gonna do it this year, as we're getting down to the wire for planting winter peas.

BTW, how did you plant your sunflowers? I heard of a lot of guys just using regular sunflower seeds from birdseed, broadcasting, and really not doing anything much as far as fertilizer. I have a spot in mind where I'd like to have a nice plot of sunflowers. Thinking the turkeys might appreciate the fallen seeds too! 

CF. I roto till the plot by hand. I spread the seed blend (from pheasants forever) then I re roto till then drive over it with my garden tractor. I hadn't applied any fert on it until today.

Mike I cant for the life of me figure out how to download the pics from my email to desktop. I use to open the pic and save to my d top, this one I cant.