A sad experience

PREDATE

If she had a broken neck u slice her throat and leave her there u never let a wounded deer just lay there suffering whats it take to just put her out what if u were drivin down the road and saw a wounded deer that got whit by a car rollin on the ground u would't put it down who cares about the tag its the corect thing to do

I guess my only question would be if the deer was hit with a car and had a broken neck, how did it get from the road to the woods?

Well she was down a steep embankment approximately 125yds off the road next to the Delaware river. I think I recall some sort of law against the disposal of carcasses/entrials near a NYC watershed or any body of water for that matter and dragging her out would have been brutal. So my New York State bowhunters log will not include any text of me taking a game animal without the intention of recovering it. As for me not calling the DEC, that may have been the wrong descision but that's the one I made. Also, why would I call upon the 4 ECO's in my region when they could be nabbing game law violators(that we obviously have in NY)LOL!! But seriously, I enjoy my privledge to pursue game animals in NY and I will not risk losing it because of "stereotypical ethics"! Anyone ever heard of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact? IMO that's a good move on NY's part!http://www.dec.ny.gov/permits/29049.html