Are you ready?

Don't wait to the last minute.

Are you registered to vote? .......

http://www.usa.gov/Citizen/Topics/Voting/Register.shtml

Have you identified who your legislators are?......

U.S. legislators: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/NY

State Assemblyman:  http://assembly.state.ny.us/mem/?sh=search

State Senator:  http://www.nysenate.gov/

Do you remember who the good guys and the bad guys are? ...

http://huntingny.com/forums/topic/17272-lest-we-forget/

• Like 1

Just FYI,

It's already past the registration date to take part in a Primary election, but you can still register for the General in November.

The second link refers to our Federal representation, and there are no Federal elections this year (unless there is a Special somewhere in the state that I haven't heard about).

There are also no State Assembly, or State Senate races year (again, unless it's a Special Election).

In other words, next year is when this really matters. (Govenor, Federal Reps, State Assembly / Senate).

Edited by Sogaard

There is no such thing as getting registered too early. Those that wait until the elections actually occur will most likely never do it. One thing we had better get on board with is getting gun owners registered and getting their minds right on what's at stake and how to proceed with changing things.

It is difficult to keep the fire alive until the next elections. I have already noticed a distinct reduction in intensity of feelings about the Safe Act, but I still try to keep issues alive and keep people primed and ready and capable of doing what's right. Registration and education is all part of that and like I said, there are no restrictions keeping people from doing that early. The original post didn't highlight the time frame because I don't want to emphasize any excuse for procrastination.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note to all: I have added the site addresses to obtain the ID of your state representatives to the original post. So now you have all the info in one spot.

• Like 1

can I vote for "none of the above" (Brewsters Millions).

I hate polititians!

You can do so by simply not voting at all, and living with the consequences. Do not lose sight of the fact that we did have some that voted against the Safe Act and who consistently vote in a pro-gun, pro-hunting fashion. So there is no need for a blanket hatred of politicians.

As I have said in the past, it is time to use our vote as a tool for punishment and reward. I have taken the Safe Act to serve as a litmus test. Those who voted for it will not get my vote and I will be casting my vote for whoever is running against them (and I don't really care what the politics of that person is). This will be a protest vote. It will be cast with the intent of punishing those who voted for this major attack on the 2nd Amendment and gun owners across the state. If a majority of gun owners did that, the message would be sent that an anti-gun vote will cost you your future in politics. That is the entire aim of my vote....period. One single issue ... all about that one single legislative vote. At some point we have to put an end to the arrogance that our legislators feel toward their constituents. They have to be made to understand who works for who in this system. We have this one chance where all gun owners are galvanized into a united force on this one issue. That makes our little minority quite a focused and powerful political force. We had better not squander this one opportunity by each running off in different directions with our one and only defensive weapon ..... our vote.

Those that don't vote at all will be sending a message to the politicians too. That message will be, "Do what you want. There will be no consequences. And I don't care".

• Like 1

There is no such thing as getting registered too early. Those that wait until the elections actually occur will most likely never do it. One thing we had better get on board with is getting gun owners registered and getting their minds right on what's at stake and how to proceed with changing things.

It is difficult to keep the fire alive until the next elections. I have already noticed a distinct reduction in intensity of feelings about the Safe Act, but I still try to keep issues alive and keep people primed and ready and capable of doing what's right. Registration and education is all part of that and like I said, there are no restrictions keeping people from doing that early. The original post didn't highlight the time frame because I don't want to emphasize any excuse for procrastination.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note to all: I have added the site addresses to obtain the ID of your state representatives to the original post. So now you have all the info in one spot.

I completely agree with you, Doc.  I'm sorry if my post gave you the impression I thought people should wait to register.  I feel a person should always be registered and should vote in every election.  I was just pointing out that none of the races this year can really affect the SAFE Act.  That doesn't mean I don't think it's worth going out to vote.  In fact, I feel the exact opposite.  The more local the election, the more direct effect it can have on your life.

Edited by Sogaard

Somehow, we have to keep this issue alive. I fear that it will work out like so many others where there is genuine outrage for a few months and when the time comes that people can turn that outrage into a clear message to the politicians that screwed us, the focus is lost and people resort to the same old ineffective voting of party lines or get off on some other tangent, or find themselves ineligible to vote. Our current crop of politicians count on that. We have a unique opportunity to act as an effective political unit to tell these guys that individual voters still run the ship and gun owners do remember. I really do fear that we are not going to live up to the task. I already see signs that the issue is fading.

So occasionally I pop on here to just refresh the issue. Hopefully others are doing the same in other venues. Naturally when the election gets near, I will become even more disgustingly repetitive....lol. But I do believe there is some value in periodically bringing it all up again.

Also, we had a redistricting activity that affected our representatives, and I remember how hard it was for me to locate who the current state representatives were. Likewise, voter registration is a process that can sometimes perplex new voters. So I figured these links might help others who don't know where to look. It's all just a little attempt to help pull gun owners and hunters together for this major once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to have a motivated population of voters to speak clearly and in unison and to try to break up this arrogance and indifference that our politicians seem to have adopted. It is my belief that even a minority can be an effective political force as long as they are unified and focused where their opposition is not.

Good Work....If you haven't already I would like to post this on NYFirearms....

Please do. ....... And any other gun or hunting location too. In fact those that belong to rod & gun clubs might want to post a copy of the info on clubhouse bulletin boards.

A year sounds like a lot of time, but it will pass before you know it. It is important that we get gun owners registered to vote and primed to send the message. 

Yes, by all means vote against anyone who voted for the Safe Act. When in doubt, vote for the Republican on the ticket. Chances are the Democrat is anti-gun, and if they aren't now, they will be soon.

But no elected official currently cares if they are voted out of office for their support of the Safe Act. Cuomo's administration will see to it they get a cushy state job if they get voted out, as a reward for supporting the Safe Act in the first place. That's why they had no fear of voting for it originally.

Yes, by all means vote against anyone who voted for the Safe Act. When in doubt, vote for the Republican on the ticket. Chances are the Democrat is anti-gun, and if they aren't now, they will be soon.

But no elected official currently cares if they are voted out of office for their support of the Safe Act. Cuomo's administration will see to it they get a cushy state job if they get voted out, as a reward for supporting the Safe Act in the first place. That's why they had no fear of voting for it originally.

For me there are no political labels when the next election comes about, at least for the state elections. One glance at the voting record on the Safe Act determines my vote This is a one-issue election coming up for me.

As far as why these clowns felt secure voting for the Safe Act in the sneaky covert fashion that they did, the reason is clear. They believed that gun owners have a very short attention span and couldn't organize a card game. They have been proven correct in the past. It's up to us to put an end to that notion.