Air Rifles in Dutchess County

Hi Everyone,

My name is Frank and I grew up in NYC with a Daisy .177 caliber pump air rifle. I have a RV in Dutchess and wanted to teach my son to shoot. I know in NYC it is now illegal to own a BB gun without a permit and was wondering if the same applies in Dutchess County. If anyone knows the answer please respond back to me.

Thanks,

Frank

Like Elmo said you are good to go Frank, just remember that AirGun that shoots more than 600 f/ps is a hunting implement and all the same rules apply as to rifles that includes 500 feet zone and everything that comes with it.....

Wow....No BB guns in NYC.......That explains why it is such a safe place!!!!!

Started because some kid thugs started buying realistic looking ones and mugging people at night or buying airsoft guns (also illegal), painting the red tip block and doing the same thing.  Next thing you know, some cop shoots a kid with what they thought was a gun and it turned out to be a toy and bam!  they ban airguns and bb guns.  Only that politicians were asleep when they decided to pass the law so no one got up and said "wait...if this is to ban imitations from being used, why don't we just ban realistic looking ones and leave the other airguns that don't look like real guns alone?"