Warning: D.C. cops under orders to arrest tourists with empty bullet casings

There isn't even an attempt at looking rational and sane anymore when it comes to some of the attitudes of legislators. What on earth do they think people are going to do with a pocketful of empty casings? throw them at somebody? Well, obviously they are saving them from a trip to the range so that when they get home they can re-load them.

Why don't they use a bit of honesty and flat out say screw you and your 2nd amendment rights. We don't want you to have any guns and we are going to harass you with frivolous laws until you don't.

Washington citizens have such stupid laws on the books and yet continue to vote for these idiots, then they deserve what they get. I wish I could feel sorry for them. It's no different than NYS if we don't take out these jerks that voted for that so-called Safe Act. If that happens, then we deserve exactly what we get. It will only show how little gun ownership really means to us.

• Like 1

Or I have a better idea, show me the part in any one of those articles where they actually quote the section of DC penal code that says possession of empty shell casings is now illegal.

Baaaaa!

I agree, I would like to find the actual DC law..I looked couldn't find it.  I did find a lot pages about people being charged referring to it being for ammo, but did find the actual law.

fyi  Republicans and Dem's politicians suck equally!  they are cut from the same cloth.   good people can belong to either party, but once elected something happens to.

I started this thread to gain other people insight and thoughts about this topic, not have others start name calling others with different opinions.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Edited by mmkay

So I went looking for independent verification of this story and found a lot of them. And in each one, they all refer to the book by Emily Miller as their source ..... that was without exception.

I have a real problem with that. I will not say that the story is completely bogus, but I am beginning to suspect that. It points up that the news (particularly internet news) cannot be trusted because they all grab unsubstantiated news sources and print it as fact. What kind of journalism is that?

I have no idea where this Emily Miller got her version and for all I know it could be something that is being taken completely out of context, or even just a flat lie. At any rate, this whole thread is not really anything that anyone should take as something to get terribly excited over.

I agree, I would like to find the actual DC law..I looked couldn't find it.  I did find a lot pages about people being charged referring to it being for ammo, but did find the actual law.

fyi  Republicans and Dem's politicians suck equally!  they are cut from the same cloth.   good people can belong to either party, but once elected something happens to.

I started this thread to gain other people insight and thoughts about this topic, not have others start name calling others with different opinions.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

We don't have a difference of opinion.  If there was such a ludicrous law on the books, I would be right there beside you saying how terrible it is.  This was just an obvious ploy to sell a book by getting some BS claim posted in as many right wing fanatical websites as possible.  People want to get worked up over the government so they look for any reason to get angry without doing the least little bit of fact checking for the actual truth.

For the record, I did some research too and this was the closest thing I could find, and for it to be interpreted the way this woman claims it can be enforced, would never hold up in court:

§ 7-2501.01. Definitions 

(2) "Ammunition" means cartridge cases, shells, projectiles (including shot), primers, bullets (including restricted pistol bullets), propellant powder, or other devices or materials designed, redesigned, or intended for use in a firearm or destructive device.

Now if you take the first 4 words of that and disregard all the rest, you can stretch it waaaaaay beyond its intended meaning, and stir up some sh*t. 

So I went looking for independent verification of this story and found a lot of them. And in each one, they all refer to the book by Emily Miller as their source ..... that was without exception.

I have a real problem with that. I will not say that the story is completely bogus, but I am beginning to suspect that. It points up that the news (particularly internet news) cannot be trusted because they all grab unsubstantiated news sources and print it as fact. What kind of journalism is that?

I have no idea where this Emily Miller got her version and for all I know it could be something that is being taken completely out of context, or even just a flat lie. At any rate, this whole thread is not really anything that anyone should take as something to get terribly excited over.

Doc, that was a very diplomatic way of stating exactly what I said in my first post on this thread.  :)

Doc, that was a very diplomatic way of stating exactly what I said in my first post on this thread.   :)

I'm a bit behind the curve in terms of wising up as to how much real crap there is on the internet that is passing for news these days. I have no problems with people stirring up the emotions of gun owners in an effort to spur action, but just to maintain a position of credibility, it only works when honesty and integrity is used. Now I am not saying that this lady is lying, or that she is mistaken. The fact is that I simply don't know. But I get real doubtful when all those that are reporting this info all use a single un-verified source as the center of their news item.

• Like 1