Bowmaster Bow Press

sampotter

I bought one of these last week along with a new string and cable for my bow. Works as good or better than advertised. I wish it hadn't taken me so long to get one... I'm done with being frustrated with pro shops! It seemed like I always ran into problems when I wanted to get something done to my bow-

*Newbie guys at BPS didn't split the cable to attach the drop away rest rope, so eventually the rope didn't have enough tension to trigger the rest.

*Had my bow  sitting in a shop for 2 weeks waiting for the guy to put new limbs on it even though he had them in stock (this was during hunting season)

*The only reputable place near me doesn't seem to have set hours so I have to drive 30 minutes to drop the bow off and do it again to pick it up.

No more of that fooling around for me! Plus I won't have to delay replacing or repairing anything on my bow.

• Like 1

They are really easy to use- just make sure you follow the directions and keep an eye open for any contact points between the press cable and your bow. I stick my bow in a benchtop vise with a leather glove to keep from scratching the riser and then go to town with the Bowmaster. My only regret is not buying one 8 years ago when I 1st started bowhunting...

Another useful  item is a string splitter for installing peeps .

Yes- got one of those too in a serving kit. I figure if a high school kid can do it at BPS then I should be able to do it at least as well. The Kenny Parson videos are a huge help. Watched one yesterday and realized I'd done everything correctly except checking the tilt of my idler wheel. Was tilted to the left pretty bad so I untwisted the left side of the yoke 3 times and twisted the right side 3 times- now she's good and square. Makes sense on my bow too that the right side should be shorter than the left because of the angle the cable comes into the top limb. Sure is nice to be able to make these little adjustments whenever I feel like it.... Likely will need to make a few more after the string breaks in.