Buggs 2013 Hunting Adventures

TeeBugg

Oct 2. Hunted in between water and apple trees. Had my 9 year old son with me. Had a big doe and a little one come in around 630pm. Big momma didnt like something and proceeded to stomp and do the head fake. Eventually she blew and they trotted off. About 20 mins later another doe came in from the same direction. She stopped at 20yards and i let the arrow fly. No arrow no blood no deer. Although my son was certain i whacked her. Checked again today but came up empty!

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Oct 5. Had two does pinch me right after shooting light. They finally got behind some trees and i went full draw...15 yards...cakewalk right? Not! One busted me and bounded off. The other actually came towards me even closer. But she got behind a tree and probably wondered why her friend was gone. She trotted off. Then 20 mins later....i get a deer about 40 yards into some thick stuff just blowing....20-30 times. Couldnt have winded me and i never moved at all. Funny thing is about an hour later my buddy had the same thing happen to him. We have a big momma doe with fawns around and man is she mouthy. Three out of the four of us hunting there she has blown at. Think her blow valve is malfunctioning! Back in the stand around 4pm til dark!

Sent from Outer Space

LOL about her blow valve. Had a doe like that at my brother in laws place a few years back. She would blow and blow and blow like 30 to 40 times. The whole world knew she was pissed at something in her woods.

Good luck out there and look forward to reading your posts

• Like 1

Oct 8. Went for an evening hunt tonite. Got down to my spot and this spot has nyseg power lines running thru it. Noticed a huge work truck at the end of the driveway. Figured i would come back around 5 and see what the deal was. Well when i returned the truck was gone. They mowed the grass and cat tails down the powerline laneway. Good and bad for deer hunting. I sat til dark but figured i wouldnt see anything. All i saw was birds and squirrels. Lots of apples down off the trees now as well as leaves. Shaping up to be a good week!

Oct 13. Hunted in the morning at a spot not too far from my house. Had a big spike come in. This spike has been around two years and he never gets antler longer than about 2 1/2 inches. Big body probably a 130+ pound deer. Missed him twice. Once was a freak of archery, the other he jumped the string. Kinda ruined my weekend lol.

Oct 14. I need to read the small game regs more! Had a big fat rabbit tonite at ten to 15 yards for a good half hour. Booted two does on the way out. Only hunted for about 2 hours.

Oct 16. Had a staredown for ten minutes with one of the big does thats been busting me. She finally gave up and walked towards a shooting lane. Two more steps...then my dad walked into his stand and she spotted him. Ah well! At least now i know for a fact where they are coming from. I need to move about 30 yards deeper in and i should be all set!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah at first blood and tracking, my buddy an i were both thinking not good. Then it got more and more and we found him laying next to a tree about 125 yards from where i hit him. Arrow never came out or went thru the other side. Had it done that i think he wouldnt have gone as far but who knows. Hes headed to the taxidermist sometime soon!