Standing corn

TheTruth2

A few days ago my buddy and u got permission on a new plot of land. It'd basically 23 acres of standing corn and 4 acres of really thick hardwoods. We scouted it and kicked up five doe and a big buck that was bedded on the edge of the corn. This is clearly a travel area for the deer. My question, I do not think this corn will be cut and will stay standing. How will that affect things? There's a very limited area to hang stands

The longer it stands the more it'll attract the deer. Corn being cut around it will reduce areas where deer will go/move.

What do you mean travel area? If you had deer bedding on it, what makes you think it is a travel area?

I only know by picture I got from corn close to where you are hunting is that deer are picking at it. Once it is cut I also know where and how they travel will change. And when you can't find them they are all over I the park lol. They are smart

Given that you do not have time to mess around, I would just snuggle in where the wind is in your favor, set up a quick ground blind and wait 'em out. Do not pi$$ off the farmer by cutting and slashing his property. Be happy to have permission to hunt and be sure to give the farmer some choice steaks from the big buck...good luck!

I only know by picture I got from corn close to where you are hunting is that deer are picking at it. Once it is cut I also know where and how they travel will change. And when you can't find them they are all over I the park lol. They are smart

Park? I must be missing something.