Exiting With Late Night Visitors

Five Seasons

So around 2pm yesterday I got the itch to get out. Normally I'm not an afternoon hunter, especially with the Bills playing. But I figured I could bring the headphones and NFL app into the woods a listen while sitting (1 earbud). It's just a 5 min. walk out my backdoor and by 3:45 I was in the stand.

Around 5:30 the activity heats up and I have over 5 doe around me. I'm not sure what time it was dark (because my phone died haha). But I could no longer see very well and there are deer all around. What do you guys do to not spook on exit? I ended up sitting probably close to 7pm and did some grunting as I was getting down, only to still spook one deer that I thought had left but didn't.

Had it happen to me before too. I hate cluing them into to me being there but unless you are gonna sleep inthe stand there is no choice. I will stay until it is black and quietly get out fo the stand and hope they spook with me onthe ground and not getting out of the stand. Not much you can do. Might want to let that stand rest a bit though.

I don't know, but I would like to hear the answers.  Same thing happened to me yesterday.  I walked out into a field when I was headed to my blind and there were 5 deer (doe and fawn).  The definitely spotted me.  I stepped into some tall grass just to get some cover.  The blew a few times and were stomping at me.  I blew a couple of grunts back. The odd part was that as time went by, they kept walking closer and closer like they were curious to find out what I was.  

I had two within 10 feet of my as I was just standing in tall grass and I was using my bow to cover my face. I was wondering how close I would let them get before trying to spook them...but they stopped once they got within tackling distance.  I stood completely still other than taking a couple pictures.  

It started to get dark it it took up my whole hunt.  I needed to walk out but they were still blocking my path so after a couple of hours I had to spook them by stepping out.  

I had a doe bed literally right in front of my stand one time. I didn't wanna spook her so I ended up throwing something way over her head so it hit on the other side of her and she took off. She got spooked I guess but at least not from me getting down from the stand.

lol i threw a stick at a 6 point who bedded down in front of me during a morning hunt once. I dont think he thought much of it other than maybe a branch fell on him.