Wanted: Nice heavy pants

Carhardts are stiff and noisy.  I prefer good heavy wool pants.  I like them in gray or dark green.  Nothing is warmer, but they are heavy.  If you want light weight, check out Cabelas.  They've got some really nice waterproof, space age camo pants that are great, but pricey.

Jimbo ---- They taught us in boot camp that " only girls and Swabbies wear pants " .

However , if you are looking for some warm trousers , check around your area for an Military Surplus Store and see if they have any WOOL trousers . My oldest son bought a couple pair of wool trousers at Iron Mike's Surplus in Canandaigua . Also check Sportsman's Guide . I guess the neat thing about wool is ..... if it's wet , it's still warm .

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to mention heavy fleece. I have a pair of wool from Johnson's in Vermont, they're great but cost around $100 and same or more for shirt jacket but I use my heavy fleece pants more often plus the fleece have zippers on bottoms to put on with boots on in case I carry them in and need them later. Cost around $20 a couple of years ago when I got them