Anyone familiar with Lake Canadarago??

virgil

Have caught a lot of fish out of there and some whopper walleye.  Good perch and some nice largemouth, they usually run a Bass tournament up there every summer.  Also is good bullhead at night off the boat launch if you can secure a spot early enough.  Have duck hunted it a couple of times on the far end to the right off the launch (not sure N,E,S or W).  There are guys that have some blinds in the channel down there and do well.  The last time I hunted there we had decoys out, had been shooting, and then had some guy in a bass boat decide he wanted to fish there.  Told us he had more rights to the water.. It had gotten slow so we packed up and left anyhow.  Also on this end have seen a few deer swimming that channel going back and forth.  Not sure where the land is you are looking at but it is a very nice lake and a great spot for recreational use.  The only thing is you have to watch out if it floods like it did a few years ago.

Thanks for the info, Yotehntr. The property is off of route 28 and borders Oaks Creek. I'm primarily interested in it for deer hunting. But, the creek leads to the lake. So, I was hoping that fishing and duck hunting would be options as well. Do you know anything about the deer and turkey hunting in the Richfield Springs area?

Virgil,  Richfield has some great bucks.  Been hunting in the area for about 10 years.  the buck in my avatar is from the land we lease there we also took an 8 and a 9pt.  Oaks creek is the chanel that the guys have duck blinds on.  That is the area I have duck hunted along the lake.  What is the exact area you are looking at?  Can you get the GIS info or do you have the tax map numbers and I may be able to give you more info. 

Virgil,

I grew up hinting and fishing that lake and area. Wonderful deer hunting and the fishing is awesome. Besides what was already mentioned there has been a small down tick in walleye populations from when I was young, I think mostly because the State stocked tiger muskies in there. There are three things fish do (Family friendly version. eat swim and breed. Tigers are sterile so that only leaves two things. I have seen some swim by the boat launch in our lights while bullhead fishing and they are dam near as long as my out stretched arms...HUGE!

Good Ice fishing. Good post spawn bass fishing in the outlet creek on the south end. Nice little canoe trip to do it if the water is up.

Thanks for all the info guys. There's one particular property that I saw listed that I'm interested in. It's on or near Rt28 and borders Oaks Creek in Richfield Springs. I've left a few messages with the agent and haven't heard back from him. There are a few other properties listed in the area. I'm hoping to take a ride up and see a few.

The deer in the richfield springs area can get huge, i have pictures from the trailcam where i hunt, (not my cam) with two potential record breakers for ny. If i posted them on here the questions would start immediately, they are that big. Fishing is also great, there is a small sand bar right off the eastern side of the shore in the lower side of the lake that i have bagged out on bass. Hope this helps!

• 6 years later...

I own Oaks Creek Lodge on Rt. 22, with 3/5 of a mile of creek front property on Oaks Creek. Own a small island that had a duck blind on it so some body was hunting birds. You can see the lake from the island but it is not on the lake. Good bass fishing. Saw two deer swimming the creek going to my property. Call 302-319-1118 or E-mail:[email protected]. People we bough the place from hunted ducks on the creek.

• 2 weeks later...